Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sugar


Fewer things in life make me happier than baseball and a good movie. Actually only one thing and that's a great woman.

Anyway, Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden are trying to make me happy again. In 2006 they made the best movie of the past five years, Half Nelson. If you haven't seen it I will pay you to see it, and if you like it just give me the money back. I can confidently say that I will not lose money.

For 2009 they made a movie titled Sugar. It's about a kid from the Republica Dominica that was bestowed with a killer curveball. He would love a better life for himself and his family, and realizes that baseball is his ticket up to the east side. The movie focuses on his adventure to the minor leagues and the struggles that follow as he adapts to America and the expectations that are put on him.

Not only does the trailer look good, but the movie revolves around baseball. I am happy.

No comments: