Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kiki's Latest Obsession - "Oliver James" by Fleet Foxes

So, I've finally gotten around to listening to some new bands that I've been hearing about for the past few months. One such band is the Fleet Foxes, which has been previously featured on the blog by Jam.

I just finished listening to their self-titled album and I must say, I am thoroughly impressed. The album's musical sounds shift from folk to country to classic rock to pop, but in a seamless way that doesn't render the album unauthentic or too far-reaching. The sound has a rustic quality to it, a patina that lends itself a very rural Americana vibe. And without question, the vocals are the main draw and are top notch throughout the album.

The song that really caught my attention and has been on constant repeat since I first heard it is "Oliver James", the last track on the album. It's simply one of those songs that paints a vivid, beautiful story in your mind.

Peep the track below and check out the whole album for other great tracks I did not mention. Because Kiki said so, dammit.

2 comments:

beefy said...

"meadowlarks" might be a better song.
I first heard of them through jim.
where the hell is jim?

beefy said...

sorry i meant "blue ridge mt."