Friday, May 1, 2009

No Doubt


For a few reasons, this vid makes me happy.

I love a solid 70% of all the music that came from the 90's, most of it being alternative and a great deal of it being rap. I had always liked No Doubt, but by no means were they one of my favorite bands. This fact however doesn't not mean that I did not keep up with them (I always thought Gwen and Tony were gonna get hitched), nor does it mean that I did not buy their albums (I've got two.) They are as much a staple of a music era that shaped a large part of my existence, and for that I am grateful.

This morning No Doubt preformed for NBC's Summer Concert Series and three things stood out to me:

1. Gwen looks just as good or possibly better than she did 14 years ago. That is not a easy feat for a mother of two, and this has instantly caused me to alter my description of the future Mrs..

2. After 14 years the group has not lost their sound and energy and that is no easy feat.

3. It is only a matter of time until the Spin Doctors, Tonic, Blues Travelers, Bush, Dishwalla, STP, Soundgarden, Pumpkins, Better Than Ezra, RHCP, Gin Blossoms, and many many more come together to create the greatest summer tour of ALL TIME!

LONG LIVE THE 90's!

No comments: