Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Damn Yankees


I'm a die hard Yankee fan thru and thru, just ask the three red sox fans that I have left battered and bloodied over the past few years, but dammit I think they have gone too far.

for the month of December they have signed:

C.C. Sabathia - $161mil/7 years
A.J. Burnett - $82.5mil/5 years
and now
Mark Teixeira - $180mil/8 years

I'm not a genius but I believe that is $423.5 million spent in one month. Yes they have a new stadium that is opening this season, and yes they need to attract fans to fill those expensive seats, but dude!

George Steinbrenner officially created a monster that we now know will live on long after he dies.
Tonight I will drink to you my Yanks, but if you guys don't win this year or next I'm not sure I will be able to defend you for much longer.

No comments: